The White House and various governmental Agencies have released the Fall 2013 Regulatory Agenda. So, it is time to preview coming attractions. Key items on the list include:
- Green House Gas Emission Rules
- Fracking Rules
- Power Plant Regulations - particularly coal fired plants
- Petroleum Refinery Sector Risk and Technology Review/NSPS - the notice of proposed rule making is set for Feb. 2014
- NSPS - Electronic Reporting and Recordkeeping - the announcement of this came out in 2009 - and the NPRM is scheduled for April 2014
- The comment period closed on the RICE rule on 11/4/2013 - so the final rule is targeted for May 2014.
- Oil and Natural Gas Sector - NSPS Reconsideration of Provisions - They are looking for an NPRM for Dec. 2013 - with a rule by the end of 2014
- Definition of "Waters of the United States"
All of these rules will have a significant impact for the environmental professionals that work on Air Regulations and in the Petroleum Based Industries. Welcome 2014!